Spring is HERE residents at Huntington! Here at Sundance, clean up your diet by enjoying some fresh fruits and vegetables during the warmer weather. Spring is the best season because of the new array of fresh produce – springtime fruits and veggies.
Next time you go to the supermarket, try to look for some of these in-season fruits and vegetables:
- Strawberries - Peak season is from April until June, get them while they're plump, firm, well shaped, and uniformly colored.
- Asparagus - Peak season is from March until June. Try them roasted, grilled, or lightly sautéed in olive oil – they are filled with nutritional value.
- Peas (Sugar snap peas, snow peas and green peas) – Peak season is from April until July providing a nutritional profile.
- Apricots - Peak season is from May until August, which makes it more of a summer fruit but great to look forward to! Provides a sweeter taste for sandwiches, snacks, jams, salsas and salads.
- Artichokes - Peak season is from March until May. Nothing is better than having some spinach and artichoke dip or toss it in pastas or salads. Yum!
Refer to this article to find out more